Friday, August 15, 2008

I lift up my mind and my heart




"I lift up my mind and heart to be aware, to understand, and to know that the Divine Presence I AM is the Source and Substance of all my good."

"I am conscious of the Inner Presence AS my lavish Abundance.  I am conscious of the constant activity of this Mind of infinite Prosperity.  Therefore, my consciousness is filled with the Light of Truth."  both quotes from JRPrice

Meditation notes from last night and this morning:  Last night was fidgety and restless.  Having returned home from our Thurs. eve Trek, I was ready maybe, to run a marathon.  Moonlight poured over the yard and vineyards and the mountains, thick and blue, illuminating everything.  The votive called me into its occasional  yellow flicker.  I do not recall relaxing...

This morning I am calmer, I feel relief.  Turning inward to Inner Presence: a place of calm and saturated color.  A place of infinite Connection, All present Presence.  "The Light of Truth" infills my consciousness...  until I start grasping and gasping to stay there!  

2 comments:

Bimbimbie said...

Hello Swallowtail, I hope you have had a bit of a break with your hot weather ... monkey brain? is that because your thoughts are tumbling around like a monkey?

Laura Paine Carr said...

YES!!! It is a term used often in Buddhist teachings: the mind is designed to be busy, and by the time one is out of childhood, the mind has taken over. For most of us rampant, rummaging and rolicking running thoughts are hard to wrestle into the calm...

Hard, hee hee hee. An understatement.
xoxoL

 
script type="text/javascript" src="http://s44.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s44larabee">