Saturday, August 23, 2008

gardens, harvest, neighbors, bounty




"I must be myself.  I cannot break myself any longer for you, or you.  If you can love me for what I am, we shall be happier.  If you cannot, I will still seek to deserve that you should."  Ralph Waldo Emerson



My mother's sewing machine, cabinet and all, has been riding around with me in the back of my car for about five+ days.  My intention is to go through it today, discard and sort and take the whole-shebang to Goodwill.  Done.  Fee-nay.

Right.

So, it doesn't really go that smoothly.  I start and stop and start again.  I water something and bake a cobbler and go next door and help eat it.  Now the hood of the Explorer is covered with bobbins, weird assorted barely identifiable items, thread, and two packages of "deluxe Bra-Bak repair" which assures one that it will "add new life to your bra!"  The garbage can has about 3 thousand straight pins in it and now I am thinking that that is an environmental hazard.  O Goddess, this is a never-ending job!

And I am going around taking photos of the splendor around me, specifically my garden, and now I am branching out into Sandy's garden.  And it is occurring to me how Mom filled book after book after book of photos of her flowers, her garden, her cats and chickens,  and this morning I was laughing with her.  Of course she took innumerable photos of the splendor which she had a hand in creating!  Hanging fuchias and begonias, blazing dahlias, an unending progression of daffodils and apples, chickens in the kitchen and kittens in shoes.  Thanks Mom, for just being You.
  
I think I am "getting It!"

xoxoLC

No comments:

 
script type="text/javascript" src="http://s44.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s44larabee">