Saturday, March 21, 2009

Then Winks

Everything is clapping today,
Light,
Sound,
Motion,
All movement.
A rabbit I pass pulls a cymbal
From a hidden pocket
Then winks.

This causes a few planets and I
To go nuts
And start grabbing each other.

Someone sees this,
Calls a 
Shrink,

Tries to get me 
Committed
For
Being too
Happy.

Listen: this world is the lunatic's sphere,
Don't always agree it's real,

Even with my feet upon it
And the postman knowing my door

My address is somewhere else.

Hafiz
***
Evening has stretched out tonight.  Just now the last Mockingbird whistled, just a little bit of its tune.  The Hummingbirds have sated their going-to-bed snacking, and I wonder, where do they roost?  I counted somewhere between 11 & 13 Hummers at the feeder, and even as the light faded, 6 were still at it.  Little do they know, but I am out of sugar!  The last drops of syrup will have to last until I get home.  Spring is one day old.

It's been raining off and on through this afternoon.  I am home 'by myself' which means, really, I am here with Luna, the cats, and all the outside birds as well as the parakeet.  Oh, and my imaginary friends are here, too.  Like Hafiz.  And, here is another little gem...
Our sadness and fear come from being
Out of tune with love.

The Trillium Ovatum, or Wake Robins are blooming.  Deep in the darkest part of the Redwood forests, these flowers pop up in the spring.  They are all about 3!  Look closely at the photo, and you will see, three leaves, three petals, and my favorite, the three branched pistil is surrounded by a triangle of stamen!  Having grown up in the Redwoods, this beautiful harbinger of Spring held special significance.  We were told not to pick it, as to break it off would kill it; I have always been so careful!  To not step upon it, to not disturb it!  In taking this picture, I locked Miss Luna in the car, since she is such a bounding clutz.

There is another Trillum, which I cannot find online.  Its flower is not on a stem.  Its 3 petals emerge from the three leaves.  I will keep my eye out for her.

In great gratitude, I celebrate Springtime!  Rain, flowers, birds, and lots of movement encourage us to dance, like Hafiz encourages us to do!

Let's go!

xoxoLC

3 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh Larabee, this was magical. I heard music as I read it all. Whistling birds, percussive vibrations of small wings, gentle snare drum brush of an opening flower, and a fan urging love back in the direction of a heart.

N2 said...

I am lovin' these Hafiz poems woven into your posts and the spring flower close ups add colored light to the words. Which translation of Hafiz are these poems from? x0x0 N2

Laura Paine Carr said...

Ah yes.
"The Gift, Poems by Hafiz, the Great Sufi Master"
transations by Daniel Ladinsky

 
script type="text/javascript" src="http://s44.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s44larabee">