Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My favorite whale

One must take off her fear like clothing;
This is the seeking after God.    Maureen Morehead, In a Yellow Room. 
Yes, National Geographic is hot on my tail, as I am the next famous wild fish, I mean, whale photographer.  Anyone who desires to send me one of those enormous lens has my permission to do so.

I will also need a net, or a harness, so that I can stay dry or at least on my feet.  These photos do not do justice to the rough and raging seas upon which we were bobbing.  Also, the sea was black, not this idyllic blue.

It is a task, to take off the fear, once it takes hold and becomes so close as to be indecipherable from breath.  And with that breath, I am drawn 'closer than close' and I remember what my woodsy friend, Henry David Thoreau said, "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams!  Live the life you've imagined.  As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler."

Thank Goodness!

xoxoxLC

1 comment:

Sorrow said...

Whale ahoy!
I always want to say " call me Ahab" when ever i see a wale...
wishing you blue waters
and sunny skies

 
script type="text/javascript" src="http://s44.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s44larabee">