Tuesday, August 3, 2010

heaven on earth



There were four eggs in the hen house this morning.  One under the edge of the water dish.  The Brahma hen doesn't like to lay her egg in the nesting boxes, she has her own nest on the ground.  Why then, is she laying her egg all over the place?  Ha!  There is poop in her nest, as it is under the roost.  Okay.  Time for some house cleaning, and rearranging the furniture.


Yes.  I too am ready for a thorough house-cleaning.  Our table holds an interesting array of nesting items.


In a few moments I am off to pick up my grandlings.  Mary Alice is going to spend the night.  Rebekah will have some "alone time" with her Mama.  It is looking like a nice, long summer afternoon.  It is looking like heaven on earth.

xoxoLC

4 comments:

Merry ME said...

I don't know much about chickens. But if I found could expect to find fifty dollar bills in the chicken coop, I might decide to get into the egg business! That's what I call a "nest egg!"

Ms. Moon said...

Ah. My chicken coop needs cleaning out too. My counter tops as well.
And yet- well- it's summer and my days seem to be filled with kids and babies. What can you do?

Jendocino said...

Have a beautiful day with your grandling, Swallowtail! The poop in the nest will wait, as will the clutter on the counters.

N2 said...

Yes, you had much other busy-ness to take care of, non? Glad you brought your grandlings over to share!
Keeses, N2

 
script type="text/javascript" src="http://s44.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s44larabee">