Friday, May 7, 2010

Flags & "Faithful Lover"

When all your desires are distilled
You will cast just two votes:
To love more,
And be happy.

Hafiz


This is the reason they are affectionately called "Flags."  They just unfurl, and wave, personify glory.


All of my guest Irises live at Pam and Steve's wild and gorgeous garden.  The sun slid behind the forested hill, creating the most impressive light.  The Iris charmed color to remain long past sunset.


I fully understand how a bee could remember its way back here.  


Faithful Lover
by Hafiz

The moon came to me last night
With a sweet question.

She said,

"The sun has been my faithful lover
for millions of years.

Whenever I offer my body to him
Brilliant light pours from his heart.

Thousands then notice my happiness
And delight in pointing
Toward my beauty.

Hafiz,
Is it true that our destiny
Is to turn into Light
Itself?"

And I replied,

Dear moon,
Now that your love is maturing,
We need to sit together
Close like this more often

So I might instruct you
How to become
Who you
Are!




Yes, I do
Love you.
xoxoLC

8 comments:

N2 said...

Oh!! My!! The color just delights the eye. And Hafiz warms the heart. Love, love, love the iris couple, unique yet leaning in to each other, there at the end.
Love you, LC. x0x0x0 N2

Merry ME said...

What is the plural of iris?
Whatever, these are just beautiful. I never see them around here, it must not be a flower that likes heat. Like me!

AkasaWolfSong said...

Absolutely Gorgeous as are Hafiz' words...

Lovely!
xxxooo

Anonymous said...

Ny favorite flower, one of my favorite poets, and put together in one place by a beautiful writer. Thank you!

Elizabeth said...

I love that you fully understand how a bee could find its way back to the flower.

Friko said...

beautiful pictures and beautiful words.
There's enough beauty in this post to sustain me for quite a while. Love Hafiz.

Bimbimbie said...

Gorgeous guests and I love the opening quote*!*

Kym said...

When I was younger, I didn't like Iris'. They seemed stiff with their sword leaves abristle and their colors so bold that they looked painted. Now though, they look like women dressed for business, polished and ready to the best they can to make the world a better place. Every year they reliably come up from bulbs, unfurl their petals, and demand attention. I need to shout hurrah for them and for the women like them that work in PTA's and nursing homes--dressed to the nines and doing the jobs that make our society function.

 
script type="text/javascript" src="http://s44.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s44larabee">