Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A little of this and that while supper cooks...

I am liking these long, slow evenings...


I have always appreciated his attitude toward life.  He seems so comfortable in it, even when he isn't so comfortable, or circumstances are difficult.  He has the "Taurus" stability about him, accepts what is, deals with it.  I learn from him, often.
There are places where it is snowing, I know.  Here, in California, my corner of it anyway, the sun was out all day long, emphatic that it gets to be out and up longer than yesterday.  In San Francisco yesterday and today, it was gorgeous.  Tonight, back home, I am preparing dinner, and hearing that it is going to freeze tonight.  The chickens told me.

We are driving out to Inverness on Christmas day.  Emerson and Luna will spend the day and night with Wade, and I am planning on some photographing and writing on the edge of Tomales Bay.  I wonder if it will be sunny, foggy, or raining.  Possibly all three.

Tomorrow night I am going first to hear Annie(6), and Thomas(4) singing in Christmas Eve Mass.  Then I am going to our Center for Spiritual Living and hear Wayne sing in the Christmas Eve Choir and candle lighting.  It promises to be beautiful all-around.  

Love deepens.
xoxoLC

6 comments:

Bethany said...

It all sounds lovely.
And all this talk of Tamales lately (you and Ms Moon), I feel like I need one and I don't think I've even ever tasted one. Your holiday sounds lovely, perfect. I don't know the places you speak of. But sun and sky and water sound perfect. My brothers live in SF.
Choirs sound nice and sons bearing tamales.
Happy Holidays to you, new friend.

Sorrow said...

Laughing...
at the thought of "re-wrapped" tomales..
That is a spirit!
must get it from his dad?
naaaa most likely from the grateful heart of mum...
blessings of the day!!!
and on a really funny side note, my word Verification is " undew" that just makes me smile!

A wildlife gardener said...

When I read of Inverness...I thought for one moment you were in our town in Scotland...

Wishing you and yours Merry Christmas and blessings for 2010 :)

Merry ME said...

Why did I think you lived in Colorado? I must find a map and re-learn some geography.

Re-wrapped tamales, children singing, weather-predicting chickens? Does Christmas get any better than that?

Blessings of the season to you and yours.

N2 said...

Hope it all, the dinner, the near ocean weather, the tamales, the kids, was wonderful and that you had a Merry Holly-day. x0 N2

Victoria Williams said...

I'm thinking you must have chickens!

Children can be so inspiring, and can teach us so much if we're willing to listen and learn.....as hard as that may be at times, I've learned a lot from both of mine.

 
script type="text/javascript" src="http://s44.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s44larabee">