Friday, September 5, 2008

liquid red

So early it's still almost dark out.
I'm near the window with coffee,
and the usual early morning stuff
that passes for thought.

from "Happiness," by Raymond Carver

I wish politics bored me, rather than scare me to pieces.  I wish since fighting for democracy is such a call to arms, that there was some, democracy that is.  I wish I didn't feel so bad.  "If wishes were horses then beggars would ride," an old adage from MCP, about which by the way, I used to argue with her.  "WHY shouldn't beggars ride????"  

Red is my favorite color, when yellow or blue isn't.  Today I fell for what looks like flames in the red on the window sill, from the sunlight funneled through the small vase.  Often something red cheers me, or inspires me.  Today I say yes to cheerful and to inspiration.

Thank you.

xoxoLC

No comments:

 
script type="text/javascript" src="http://s44.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s44larabee">