Monday, December 12, 2011

Me Dogs


Two faces which make me happy and grumpy, sometimes simultaneously.


I've not spent any time(until August, 2 yrs ago) around a male Labrador.  I should've, a long time ago.  There is not much on the planet that inspires such belly-laughs, frustration, joy, annoyance and just plain marvel.  Anyways, that describes my Emerson.  I've said it before, but here it is again, "I love love love him!"  He personally brought home at least 7 lbs of sand.


And here is the regal Ms. Luna.  She just turned 5!  Today I will give her a chicken neck to celebrate, since her birthday was the 10th.  Sorry, Big Girl.  But she knows, since she is a Sagittarius, that Life Is A Party.


Go ahead, say it!  She is beeeeeeeyoutiful!
As long as you are not a chicken or a varmint.


I enjoy accessorizing her.  She looks so good in pink and polka dots.  She is not too girly-girly, in fact she looks truly pained when I bring out the nail polish.  She does love new collars, though.



This is "sit" with an ear towards small game.


Yes, ever so well trained.  This is the "down."  Long enough for a photo.  :-)

This weekend qualified as a most------------------(frustrating, damaging, annoying, exhausting) fill in the blank.  Suffice to say that today it feels as though I have a hang-over, and didn't have any fun.

But, I am recovering.  Bought chicken food and Kill-the-Damm-Fleas stuff.  Got a cup of coffee.  Got gas.  Drove out to the Lake w/said Dogs.  Drank the coffee.  Threw the balls.  Drove home.

I am grateful for every single moment of Life.  Yes.  Even bewildered moments.

1.  I am grateful for my ever-cheerful dogs.
2.  I am grateful for my awe-inspiring daughters.
3.  I am grateful for people who never say anything.
4.  I am grateful for my camera.
5.  I am grateful for my sister.
6,  I am grateful for my program.
7.  I am grateful for this moment.
8.  I am grateful for the fact that I may learn how to forgive in this lifetime.
9.  I am grateful for Gratitude.

xoxoLPC

4 comments:

Ruby said...

Be forgiving, but don't weaken. You are important and I am grateful for you!

N2 said...

Beautiful dogs in beautiful light. Glad you got them oot and aboot this morning. Grateful that you are back on the photo/blogging track. x0 N2

Ms. Moon said...

The concept of forgiveness is so hard for me. I'm afraid I just don't really get it.
But I know for sure that those beautiful animals make your life a better place.

Merry ME said...

I'm with the other commenters. I am grateful for your photos and blog reports. Yes indeed these two dogs are B-U-T ful. Actually I meant that to say Bee-You-Tee-ful, but it looks like butful, doesn't it, which is not what I meant at all.

In our house we are paying a high premium for a certified behaviorist to train the dogs. Or more accurately train us. Both have become manipulating treat hoggers. They have the trainer buffaloed, sit, down, come, etc. As soon as he's out the door they go back to their wild and crazy ways. My Suzi now watches to see if my hand goes in my pocket before condescending to put her tail end on the ground.

It's hard, I think, to train a beautiful dog with soulful eyes. My neck, which has been pulled out of alignment, might not agree with that assessment.

So glad to see you back. Happy Holidays

 
script type="text/javascript" src="http://s44.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s44larabee">