Friday, September 24, 2010

Slipping Upriver Again


Yesterday over at Gladys's I picked a basket of itty bitty figs.  Yes.  Food of the Goddess.  Seductive.


The Swiss Chard loves these coool nights and warm days.  The garden is a magical place.  I love to get in with my lens and witness the unfurling.  Reminds me of the miracles of daily living.


"Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees!"  Oh, and my mother used to say, among other compliments, "Beauty is only skin deep."  I prefer Joni Mitchell's line.

As you can tell, I am very busy packing, feeding the animals, organizing the ice chest, doing the laundry and getting ready to go to work, after which we are eating dinner and driving off into the North Country.  But, I just had to show you those figs and Golden Delicious, because they are!

The dogs are off to their other favorite place to play for the weekend.  Wayne and I and our "boys" and Gina and Sweet Potato are going to spend time together at a wonderful place my friend N2 has shared with us over the past years.  The weather is forcasted to be hot, the nights cool.  A hot day by the Eel River sounds divine to me.  Sweet Potato is my newest Grandpup, and there will be photos!

So.  Seriously.  I am sticking with my list and doing everything I have avoided or forgotten over the last week.  My carrot is that I get to read and write and sleep and walk and swim and walk some more and eat and talk and watch my three favorite guys for two whole days!  Not to mention hanging out with Gina and the puppup.

Yes.  Taking figs and apples.

Have the best weekend ever!
xoxoLC

5 comments:

LindyLouMac said...

Those figs again:) Have a great weekend relaxing with your family.

Ms. Moon said...

Enjoy all that food of love.

AkasaWolfSong said...

Have a wonderful time!

Loved the photo sharing!

Happy Autumn!

N2 said...

Hope you have a great time at one of my favorite places. Give that Joan a hug for me and dip a toe, at least, in the Eel River. Love to the whole family! N2

Elizabeth said...

I love apples but have never liked figs -- I wish I liked them, though, since they're so beautiful and such harbingers of the fall.

 
script type="text/javascript" src="http://s44.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s44larabee">