Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Evolving

Gosh, I have neglected my blog!  November has swept me up in a complete flurry of creative energy.  In a big way I am loving it.  In another it feels like I am "goofing off!"  

I sold a small painting.  It feels big.

Writing has been stop and go, though it runs in my mind constantly.

I am writing from family photos.  It feels like I am "telling...," something that was much looked down upon in our family.  What I understand now, from this perspective of being "grown up!" is that it is all "story."  A shared experience is individualized, personalized, when one writes it down.  Period.

Today I am feeling like I hit a rather impressive brick wall with my painting.  Makes me laugh. A painting is rather like a puppy as it morphs and galumphs toward its mysterious resolution.

Walking in the dusk, with wild geese honking across the river, it occurred to me that all I have to do is to follow my instinct with the painting.  Allowing an abstract image to materialize is an exercise in "allowing;" letting form evolve, releasing control...aahhh, hahahah!  Today I applied a large area of color, stood back and yelled!  It was awful!!  Working on large paintings in a small room literally puts my nose in it!  

In a bit I am hauling the dry one out into the living room for some distance-viewing!  We shall see.  Wish me luck!

xoxoLC

2 comments:

Merry ME said...

Give me a C ...
Give me an R ...
Give me an E ...
Give me an ATI ...
Give me a V ....
Give me an ITY .....

Put them all together and what do you have? Small pictures! Big pictures! And canvases in the living room!

Woohoo!

I love it when the artistic muse hits. I've got fabric that is waiting to be cut into pieces. As soon as I start I'll switch gears and not be able to write a word!

Have fun!

Sorrow said...

luck
light
laughter
and love
blown softly your way...

 
script type="text/javascript" src="http://s44.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s44larabee">