Thursday, December 9, 2010

Attention

 Pay Attention.  Life.


Something irrevocable happened this past week at the dog-daycare.  Something tragic, heartbreaking and out of control.  A Big Mistake.  Something life-changing for all touched by it.

I haven't been writing.  Or painting.  I have taken few photos.  My printer is broken, again, and this one is about 2 1/2 hours old, in printer-life.  When I attempt to down-load the photos from the camera the computer says, "Sorry.  No more room for said photos.  Do something."

And I am feeling that the above project is too damn time consuming so I am not doing anything about it until I want to.  Nice.  We know when to be stubborn.

I did, however, make a breakthrough this week.  I spent a day creating an 'object da art,' dried it to the best of my ability, and submitted it to a "member's show."  Yes.  As soon as I am done here, I am going back into my studio to make another one because that was deeply satisfying.

My Life: My creative life, my spiritual life, my family life, my life with dogs, my grandparenting life, my life in the community life, my writing life, my emotional life, my physical life, my singing in the vineyards life, my life with friends life, my life with husband life, my life with myself life... are all one and the same Life.  I am not one way with one aspect, and another with another.  Mostly.


As you know, this is my Luna Dog.  The irrevocable thing included and involved her.  I cannot go into details because I just can't.  I will say that she is okay.  She and Emerson both were traumatized, as was I and Wade and another family.  Because I know that I am not in control of anything, and because I know that there is much more to Life than of which I am aware, I have faith that we all heal.  In time.

Blessings.
xoxoLC

7 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh Laura! I can't begin to imagine what has happened. Clearly you need prayers for consolation and peace. I've got you on my prayer list sidebar now. Let us know when things are better for you all.

Love,
Annie

N2 said...

I can tell you are doing a great job working through this in a conscientious, thoughtful, calm manner and this post is just part of the process. Sending healing thoughts to your family, to theirs and to Wade. x0 N2

Ms. Moon said...

Oh honey. Time. Take time.

AkasaWolfSong said...

Dear Laura...I'm with the others here, and I'm with you and yours as well, holding you up in prayer and sending healing on the gentle winds to you.

Love and Peace to You and Yours!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, dear. I don't know what to say other than I hope you are all healed very soon.

Peace and love to you.

Anonymous said...

This is a brave and generous post. You've put very deep feelings out for all who read you here. Nancy said beautifully what I am thinking. Working through...process...healing thoughts to all. This process with its deep caring and courtesy to dog and man reveals to me new levels of strength and reserve in you, and it's beautiful to see. Luv, g.

Merry ME said...

Thinking of you and hoping you are in a better place.
May the holiday season bring you moments of good cheer, silent reflection and a heart brimming with love.

 
script type="text/javascript" src="http://s44.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s44larabee">